Trust in the Police, Ofsted Evaluations, and The Apprentice
Can we trust the police? Is there merit in the Ofsted model of evaluation? Can we learn about leadership from The Apprentice?
In this episode, Phil Topham (Executive Director), Adrian Reynolds (Head of National Ministries), and John Stevens (National Director) discuss some of the big stories in the news over the past couple of weeks.
00:00 - Introduction
00:40 - Can we trust the police?
05:32 - The dangers of elitism and hierarchy
11:53 - The Ofsted model of evaluating schools
17:39 - Evaluating a local church
20:28 - Did Boris Johnson mislead Parliament?
24:43 - Leading with integrity
28:51 - Leadership on The Apprentice
- Metropolitan Police is 'institutionally racist, sexist and homophobic' and may have more officers like Couzens and Carrick, review finds (news.sky.com)
- Ofsted: Head teacher's family blames death on school inspection pressure (bbc.co.uk)
- Boris Johnson insists Partygate events were necessary at heated hearing (bbc.co.uk)
- FIEC Local Conferences 2023 (fiec.org.uk)
- Expressions of Unity in Church Leadership (with Gavin Ortlund) (fiec.org.uk)
In:Dependence is FIEC’s official podcast, where you’ll hear teaching and resources for church leaders from the FIEC Ministry Team and guests from FIEC churches and partners.
You can subscribe by searching for “In:Dependence” on your favourite podcast app or by subscribing to the FIEC YouTube channel.