Debanking, Climate Change Policy, and Oppenheimer
What could the implications be of the debanking scandal? How can Christians wisely respond to climate change? What can we learn from the themes in Christopher Nolan's Oppenheimer?
In this episode, Phil Topham (Executive Director), Justin Gill (IT Manager), and John Stevens (National Director) discuss some of the big stories in the news from the past two weeks.
00:00 - Summer activities across Great Britain
07:38 - The debanking of Nigel Farage
19:11 - Conservative losses in by-elections
21:11 - Responses to climate change policies
25:57 - A Christian response to climate change
30:08 - Parallels in Oppenheimer
- Mission Director Appointed for A Passion for Life (fiec.org.uk)
- Nigel Farage and NatWest: A timeline of what happened (news.sky.com)
- Tory MP warns against roll back on green pledges after anti-Ulez by-election win in Uxbridge (standard.co.uk)
- Acting Ethically at the End of the World: Oppenheimer (2023) (au.thegospelcoalition.org)
- Barbie and Ken Go East of Eden (christianitytoday.com)
In:Dependence is FIEC’s official podcast, where you’ll hear teaching and resources for church leaders from the FIEC Ministry Team and guests from FIEC churches and partners.
You can subscribe by searching for “In:Dependence” on your favourite podcast app or by subscribing to the FIEC YouTube channel.