Caring for Church Musicians
Music and singing is important in church life, and so are the musicians who lead us. So, how can we care for them best as they serve?
In this episode, Adrian Reynolds (Head of National Ministries) chats with Phil Moore (Cornerstone Church Nottingham) about how church leaders should care for and develop the musicians in their church.
00:00 - Introduction
01:25 - How do we care for musicians in our churches?
15:08 - Developing new musicians
17:55- Conference comparisons and "YouTubeification"
19:32 - Knowing your musicians and tech team
25:55 - Non-Christians leading worship
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Music and Singing in the Local Church (fiec.org.uk)
- Music Ministry UK conferences (music-ministry.org)
- Sung Worship and Copyright in Online Services (fiec.org.uk)
- Songs for Streams (copyright free music) (music-ministry.org)
- Hymns for Use in Church Services, Sung at the Aber Conference (emw.org.uk)
- Lyric Videos (gochattervideos.com)
In:Dependence is FIEC’s official podcast, where you’ll hear teaching and resources for church leaders from the FIEC Ministry Team and guests from FIEC churches and partners.
You can subscribe by searching for “In:Dependence” on your favourite podcast app or by subscribing to the FIEC YouTube channel.