Training for the Harvest Field
What might it look like to train up the next generation for church ministry? How can we prepare leaders in church planting well?
In this episode, Adrian Reynolds (Head of National Ministries) is joined by Andy Harker, Director of 9:38 and Acting Principal of the London Church Planting Academy, to discuss church trainees and apprentices, training church planters, and his work with the National Ministry Survey.
00:00 - Introduction
03:12 - Sending out workers for the harvest
06:24 - Investing in trainees
15:52 - Training church planters
21:35 - Diversity in church planting
23:38 - National Ministry Survey
Resources and websites mentioned in this episode:
- iServe Africa (iserveafrica.org)
- 9:38 (ninethirtyeight.org)
- London Church Planting Academy (londonplantingacademy.org)
- Co:Mission (co-mission.org)
- Union School of Theology (ust.ac.uk)
- Crosslands (crosslands.training)
- City to City (citytocityuk.com)
- Results of the National Ministry Survey (nationalministrysurvey.wordpress.com)
In:Dependence is FIEC’s official podcast, where you’ll hear teaching and resources for church leaders from the FIEC Ministry Team and guests from FIEC churches and partners.
You can subscribe by searching for “In:Dependence” on your favourite podcast app or by subscribing to the FIEC YouTube channel.