Stephen Sizer Tribunal, Migrant Crisis, and Artificial Intelligence
What should we take away from the Stephen Sizer Tribunal? What is the church's role in the migrant crisis? Can a chat bot write a sermon?
In this episode, Phil Topham, Adrian Reynolds, and John Stevens discuss some of the stories in the news over the past few weeks.
00:00 - Introduction
00:17 - Interacting with artificial intelligence
06:38 - The migrant crisis
11:44 - The role of churches in caring for migrants
15:56 - The Stephen Sizer Tribunal findings
21:20 - How the world has marginalised Jewish people
24:41 - Compassion in news reporting
Resources mentioned in this episode
- ChatGPT: Optimizing Language Models for Dialogue (openai.com)
- Tribunal Determination (Sizer) 6 December 2022 (PDF on churchofengland.org)
- Eastern European Churches, Abuse in the SBC, and the Fear of Marriage (fiec.org.uk)
- Sizer Tribunal: 'Anti-Semitic Behaviour,' 'Conduct Unbecoming' & 'Implausible and Untrue' Account (e-n.org.uk)
- Anti-Semitism Among Us Today (e-n.org.uk)
- BBC News reader becomes emotional upon learning of the death of the three boys who fell into the icy lake at Solihull (twitter.com)
In:Dependence is FIEC’s official podcast, where you’ll hear teaching and resources for church leaders from the FIEC Ministry Team and guests from FIEC churches and partners.
You can subscribe by searching for “In:Dependence” on your favourite podcast app or by subscribing to the FIEC YouTube channel.