Nicola Sturgeon, Christian Illiteracy, and John Motson
Could we have an evangelical First Minister in Scotland? What is the effect of Christian illiteracy in Britain? What can John Motson's passion teach us?
In this episode, Phil Topham, Adrian Reynolds, and John Stevens discuss some of the big stories in the news from the past couple of weeks.
00:00 - Introduction
00:52 - Nicola Sturgeon's resignation
05:52 - Kate Forbes' leadership campaign
10:06 - Are Christians in politics persecuted?
13:56 - Should you always vote for a Christian candidate?
16:42 - Presidential elections in Nigeria and persecuted Christians
20:45 - Christian illiteracy in British culture
24:34 - One year since Russia's invasion of Ukraine
27:04 - The death of John Motson
Stories mentioned in this episode
- Nicola Sturgeon in her own words: key moments from resignation speech (theguardian.com)
- Kate Forbes says her campaign to be Scotland's first minister 'not over' after equal marriage backlash (news.sky.com)
- Nigeria elections 2023: Why young people are excited (bbc.co.uk)
- Nigeria: Open Doors World Watch (opendoorsuk.org)
- Ukraine war: UN chief condemns invasion ahead of anniversary (bbc.co.uk)
- John Motson: Legendary commentator dies aged 77 (bbc.co.uk)
In:Dependence is FIEC’s official podcast, where you’ll hear teaching and resources for church leaders from the FIEC Ministry Team and guests from FIEC churches and partners.
You can subscribe by searching for “In:Dependence” on your favourite podcast app or by subscribing to the FIEC YouTube channel.