Autumn Budget, the World Cup in Qatar, and the Bishop of Oxford
How do we care for churches in a cost of living crisis?
How can we support persecuted Christians in Qatar?
How do we respond to Anglican bishops supporting same-sex marriage?
In this episode, Phil Topham (Executive Director), Adrian Reynolds (Head of National Ministries), and John Stevens (National Director), discuss some of the big stories in the news over the past few weeks.
00:00 - Introduction
00:51 - The Autumn Bidget, cost of living, and political honesty
13:31 - Criticism of the World Cup in Qatar
19:21 - Church of England bishops and same-sex marriage
24:26 - How can we pray for Anglicans unhappy with the debate
30:38 - FIEC Leaders' Conference 2022
Resources mentioned in this episode
- The Autumn Statement 2022 speech (gov.uk)
- Wisdom and the 2022 World Cup (fiec.org.uk)
- World Cup resources - Tackle persecution during the 2022 World Cup (opendoorsuk.org)
- Bishop of Oxford says church should marry gay couples (bbc.co.uk)
- Together in Love & Faith? A response to the Bishop of Oxford (latimertrust.org)
- FIEC Leaders' Conference 2022 - Talks and Seminars (coming soon) (fiec.org.uk)
- The Hub: Friday 13 - Sunday 15 January, 2023 (fiec.org.uk)
- A Template Church Complaints Policy (fiec.org.uk)
In:Dependence is FIEC’s official podcast, where you’ll hear teaching and resources for church leaders from the FIEC Ministry Team and guests from FIEC churches and partners.
You can subscribe by searching for “In:Dependence” on your favourite podcast app or by subscribing to the FIEC YouTube channel.