The Coronation of King Charles III, Nostalgia, and Quiche
What spiritual opportunities are there from the coronation? What value is there in looking back to the past? What's in the coronation quiche?
In this coronation special episode of In:Dependence, Phil Topham (Executive Director), Adrian Reynolds (Head of National Ministries), and John Stevens (National Director) discuss the coronation of King Charles III.
00:00 - Introduction
00:50 - Spiritual opportunities from the coronation
05:29 - Anointing King Charles III
11:18 - Public opinion of King Charles and the monarchy
16:22 - Looking back to 1953's coronation
23:08 - The coronation liturgy and service
28:15 - Singing the national anthem
29:36 - The coronation quiche
- The Coronation Liturgy (churchofengland.org)
- Third of Britons think national anthem should be changed (thetimes.co.uk)
- Coronation quiche (bbcgoodfood.com)
- Coronation quiche is a tart, say French (telegraph.co.uk)
- Zoe Ball to announce Cinderford's winning Coronation Chicken on BBC Radio Two (gloucestershirelive.co.uk)
In:Dependence is FIEC’s official podcast, where you’ll hear teaching and resources for church leaders from the FIEC Ministry Team and guests from FIEC churches and partners.
You can subscribe by searching for “In:Dependence” on your favourite podcast app or by subscribing to the FIEC YouTube channel.