Praying for Ukraine, Leadership at Boeing, and John Bercow
How have churches responded to the war in Ukraine? What can church leaders learn from the story of Boeing and the independent inquiry into John Bercow's leadership in Parliament?
In this episode of In:Dependence, Phil Topham (Executive Director), Adrian Reynolds (Head of National Ministries), and John Stevens (National Director) discuss some of the big topics covered in the news in the past fortnight.
00:00 - Introduction
00:45 - How have churches been responding to the war in Ukraine?
04:04 - Praying for Ukraine well with young people in the church
07:39 - Caring for people affected by rising living costs
12:27 - Leadership culture at Boeing
17:07 - Assessing leadership culture in the church
21:17 - The independent report into John Bercow's leadership
28:14 - Upcoming events for church leaders
Resources and links mentioned in this podcast:
- Local Sponsorship Scheme for Ukrainians (gov.uk)
- European Mission Fellowship (EMF) Ukraine Emergency Appeal (europeanmission.org)
- Downfall: the Case Against Boeing (netflix.com)
- Independent Expert Panel report into John Bercow (parliament.uk)
- 2022 FIEC Leaders' Conference tickets (fiec.org.uk)
- 2022 FIEC Local Conferences (fiec.org.uk)
- Bible by the Beach 2022 (biblebythebeach.org)
- Evangelical Responses to Critical Race Theory: A Useful Analytical Tool or A False Gospel? (euroleadership.org)
- Music and Singing in the Local Church (fiec.org.uk)
In:Dependence is FIEC’s official podcast, where you’ll hear teaching and resources for church leaders from the FIEC Ministry Team and guests from FIEC churches and partners.
You can subscribe by searching for “In:Dependence” on your favourite podcast app or by subscribing to the FIEC YouTube channel.