Anti-Gay Laws, Trump's Arrest, and Man City Envy
What is a pastoral response to anti-gay laws in Uganda? Is anyone above the law? How can we fight against envy?
In this episode, Phil Topham (Executive Director), Adrian Reynolds (Head of National Ministries), and John Stevens (National Director) discuss some of the big stories in the news over the past few weeks.
00:00 - Introduction
00:26 - Reporting from FIEC Local Conferences
05:13 - The FIEC Trust Board
06:59 - Reaction to sexuality laws in Uganda
13:38 - Pastoral response to laws on sexuality
17:18 - Pastoring same-sex couples in the local church
20:25 - The arrest of Donald Trump
26:02 - Manchester City, envy, and joy
- FIEC Leaders' Conference 2023 (fiec.org.uk)
- Uganda's President Museveni approves tough new anti-gay law (bbc.co.uk)
- Archbishop of Canterbury urges Anglican Church of Uganda to reject anti-homosexuality law (independent.co.uk)
- Speaking About Sexuality (with Andy Robinson) (fiec.org.uk)
- Donald Trump indicted over classified documents case (bbc.co.uk)
In:Dependence is FIEC’s official podcast, where you’ll hear teaching and resources for church leaders from the FIEC Ministry Team and guests from FIEC churches and partners.
You can subscribe by searching for “In:Dependence” on your favourite podcast app or by subscribing to the FIEC YouTube channel.