Misogyny in Football, Clergy Survey, and Building Responsibilities
What are our responsibilities with our church buildings? What is the answer to misogyny at the Women's World Cup? What can we learn from a survey of Church of England clergy?
In this episode of In:Dependence, Phil Topham (Executive Director), Adrian Reynolds (Head of National Ministries), and John Stevens (National Director) discuss the big stories in the news from the past weeks.
00:00 - Introduction
02:48 - Responsibilities with buildings
12:43 - The Women's World Cup Final and misogyny in football
19:40 - Survey of clergy in the Church of England
- Leaders' Conference 2023 (fiec.org.uk)
- Introducing Graham Beynon – our new Head of Local Ministries (fiec.org.uk)
- Service of Thanksgiving for the life of Jeremy Marshall (youtube.com)
- Jeremy Marshall (1963-2023) (fiec.org.uk)
- A New Building for a Cheshire Church (fiec.org.uk)
- Which schools have shut buildings or moved over aerated concrete? (bbc.co.uk)
- Buying Too Small (fiec.org.uk)
- Jenni Hermoso 'didn't consent' to Luis Rubiales kiss as Spain players refuse to play (bbc.co.uk)
- Britain is no longer a Christian country, say frontline clergy (thetimes.co.uk)
- Standing with Friends in the Church of England (fiec.org.uk)
In:Dependence is FIEC’s official podcast, where you’ll hear teaching and resources for church leaders from the FIEC Ministry Team and guests from FIEC churches and partners.
You can subscribe by searching for “In:Dependence” on your favourite podcast app or by subscribing to the FIEC YouTube channel.