Speeding Tickets, 'Misgendering', and the Influence of Tim Keller
What do speed limits teach us about sin? What is a wise way to live as a Christian in public-facing work? What influence did Tim Keller have on the UK church?
In this episode, Adrian Reynolds (Head of National Ministries) and John Stevens (National Director) discuss some of the big stories in the news over the past few weeks.
00:00 - Introduction
01:23 - The 2023 European Leadership Forum
06:30 - Speeding tickets in the news
15:03 - Joshua Sutcliffe banned from teaching for 'misgendering'
24:05 - The influence and ministry of Tim Keller
28:09 - Pets in Britain
- European Leadership Forum (euroleadership.org)
- Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby given speeding fine (bbc.co.uk)
- Suella Braverman insists 'nothing untoward' over speeding awareness course (news.sky.com)
- Oxford transgender row teacher banned from profession (bbc.co.uk)
- Tim Keller Dies at 72 (thegospelcoalition.org)
- Pets at Home chain plans to open 40 new stores (bbc.co.uk)
In:Dependence is FIEC’s official podcast, where you’ll hear teaching and resources for church leaders from the FIEC Ministry Team and guests from FIEC churches and partners.
You can subscribe by searching for “In:Dependence” on your favourite podcast app or by subscribing to the FIEC YouTube channel.