Matt Chandler, The Frankfurt Declaration, and Religious Freedom
Where are the edges of religious freedom? Should you sign the Frankfurt Declaration? What can we learn from Matt Chandler's leave of absence?
In this episode, Phil Topham (Executive Director), Adrian Reynolds (Head of National Ministries), and John Stevens (National Director) discuss some of the big stories in the news over the past weeks.
00:00 - Introduction
00:47 - The death of Mikhail Gorbachev and religious freedom
08:00 - The edges of religious freedom
12:07 - Keith Waters' employment tribunal
13:54 - The Frankfurt Declaration
23:37 - Matt Chandler's leave of absence
Resources mentioned in this episode
- The Rest is History podcast (goalhangerpodcasts.com)
- Navy officer opposed to nuclear weapons sues MoD (bbc.co.uk)
- Pride tweet pastor wins discrimination claim (elystandard.co.uk)
- The Frankfurt Declaration (frankfurtdeclaration.com)
- Matt Chandler Announcement - Inappropriate Relationship - Aug. 28, 2022 (youtu.be)
- Acts 29’s Response to Matt Chandler’s Leave at The Village Church (acts29.com)
In:Dependence is FIEC’s official podcast, where you’ll hear teaching and resources for church leaders from the FIEC Ministry Team and guests from FIEC churches and partners.
You can subscribe by searching for “In:Dependence” on your favourite podcast app or by subscribing to the FIEC YouTube channel.