Helping People Sing Well
What is the place of singing in church life and how can church leaders help people sing well?
In this episode, Adrian Reynolds (Head of National Ministries) is joined by Sally Jackman (Contagious Bible Ministries) to talk about her experience as a singer in church ministry, why singing is important in church life, and how we can help one another sing well.
00:00 - Introduction
02:21 - Why do we sing?
08:07 - How do you choose what to sing in church?
13:55 - Teaching new songs
17:10 - Learning new songs with few resources
20:35 - Planning songs in a Sunday service
26:11 - How do you lead sung worship?
31:21 - Will we have perfect pitch in heaven?
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Piano Playing (with Phil Moore) (fiec.org.uk)
- Leading Worship with a Guitar (with Andy Fenton) (fiec.org.uk)
- Rhythms of Grace, Mike Cosper (10ofthose.com)
- City Alight (cityalight.com)
- Sovereign Grace Music (sovereigngracemusic.org)
- Getty Music (gettymusic.com)
- Phil Moore (cornerstoneworship.co.uk)
- FIEC Centenary Song (fiec.org.uk)
In:Dependence is FIEC’s official podcast, where you’ll hear teaching and resources for church leaders from the FIEC Ministry Team and guests from FIEC churches and partners.
You can subscribe by searching for “In:Dependence” on your favourite podcast app or by subscribing to the FIEC YouTube channel.