Fox News, Jaguar Land Rover, and the True Cross
What does the Fox News Dominion lawsuit teach us about truth? How important is your church name? How significant are fragments of the True Cross at the coronation?
In this episode, Phil Topham (Executive Director), Adrian Reynolds (Head of National Ministries), and John Stevens (National Director) discuss some of the big stories in the news over the past fortnight.
00:00 - Introduction
00:46 - Review of Word Alive
03:55 - FIEC 100th Anniversary Service
08:26 - The Fox News Dominion lawsuit and false messages
14:36 - Why do conspiracy theories gain traction?
17:47 - Jaguar Land Rover and church names
22:47 - The True Cross at the coronation
Resources related to this episode
- FIEC 100th Anniversary Thanksgiving Service (fiec.org.uk)
- Fox News settles Dominion defamation case for $787.5m (bbc.co.uk)
- Jaguar Land Rover rebrands as JLR in company image shift (autocar.co.uk)
- In:Dependence: Why Change Your Church Name? (fiec.org.uk)
- King's coronation: Cross containing 'shards used in Christ's crucifixion' to be used in procession (news.sky.com)
In:Dependence is FIEC’s official podcast, where you’ll hear teaching and resources for church leaders from the FIEC Ministry Team and guests from FIEC churches and partners.
You can subscribe by searching for “In:Dependence” on your favourite podcast app or by subscribing to the FIEC YouTube channel.