Trauma Care After Covid (Webinar)
How can we care well for people in our churches who have experienced trauma during the pandemic?
FIEC National Director John Stevens was joined for this webinar by Catherine Haddow, a Chartered Psychologist and part-time Women's Worker at North Bradley Baptist Church, to think about how church leaders can care best for those in their churches who have experienced trauma. This is an especially important topic as the effects of the coronavirus pandemic are felt as society opens up more in the coming weeks and months.
00:00 - Bible reflection: 1 Thessalonians 2:1-2
05:26 - Trauma Care After Covid
48:16 - Q&A
- What can church leaders do to help survivors disclose their trauma rather than suffer in silence?
- What other ways can we avoid making things worse when sinful patterns are apparent?
- Has the pandemic caused trauma that will soon become suddenly clear?
Church as a Refuge Online Conference: Friday 25th - Saturday 26th June. Book tickets.
Please note: some of the following resources may be distressing or triggering.
- Becoming a Church That Cares Well for the Abused, Brad Hambrick.
- On the Threshold of Hope, Diane Langberg.
- Counselling Survivors of Sexual Abuse, Diane Langberg.
- Suffering and the Heart of God: How Trauma Destroys and Christ Restores, Diane Langberg.
- Is It Abuse?, Darby Strickland.
- Called to Peace, Joy Forrest.
- Why Does He Do That?, Lundy Bancroft.
- The Heart of Domestic Abuse, Chris Moles.
- Redeeming Power: Understanding Authority and Abuse in the Church, Diane Langberg.
- Escaping the Maze of Spiritual Abuse, Lisa Oakley & Justin Humphreys.
- Children & Trauma (Minibook), Justin and Lindsay Holcomb.
- Not Forsaken, Jennifer Greenberg.
- In Our Lives First, Diane Langberg.
- The Emotionally Destructive Relationship, Leslie Vernick.
- The Emotionally Destructive Marriage, Leslie Vernick.
During the webinar, John Stevens also gave an update on the current coronavirus restrictions in England and the implications for churches and church leaders.
Churches Through Lockdown
During the webinar, Jonathan Thomas, pastor at Cornerstone Church in Abergavenny, Wales, gave an update on the current coronavirus situation in Wales, and also shared how his church have been serving during lockdown.
You can watch previous webinars, and sign up for future webinars, on the Leadership in Lockdown page.