Get to Know... #18
Hear from two FIEC churches in different parts of Britain and find out how to pray for their ministry: Matthew Henry Evangelical Church and Grace Church Isle of Wight.
You can download this video to show to your church in person or online with subtitles or without subtitles. This is a great way to help your congregation get to know other churches and see their gospel ministry taking place across the country.
We would love it if you could support these churches in prayer too. Their prayer points churches are below, and you can also download them above as a printable PDF and PowerPoint presentation to help share them with your congregation.
Please note these videos were recorded before the Coronavirus pandemic in 2020.
Matthew Henry Evangelical Church
- Wisdom and direction as we seek to effectively share the Gospel and make disciples in our community, especially with the legacy of COVID-19.
- Leadership - the raising up and recognition of those who can assist in strengthening the work, understanding God’s vision for the church in Blacon and being the ones to sustain and carry the work forward.
- The ability to complete the CIO process and formally change our name to Blacon Community Church.
- Financially we are okay in the short term but with an older and potentially significantly reduced membership we need to see growth and funds being sustainably given, especially as we desire to appoint another paid Elder/worker
Grace Church Isle of Wight
- As we write these prayer points, we are in the middle of the Coronavirus lockdown. Please pray for the church as we seek creative ways to point our communities towards Christ in this season. Pray for fruit to come from our lives and speech.
- Give thanks for continued gospel growth causing us to look towards another church revitalisation or plant. We are also actively looking to establish some form of Island Gospel Partnership to encourage the flourishing of gospel churches on the Island. Please pray for wisdom as we evaluate options in these areas as a church.
- Give thanks for the opportunity to grow and train leaders within the church through our ‘Dig Deeper’ group. Pray that God will use this group to equip Bible-confident men and women for a variety of Word ministries within the church.
- Praise God that the church is increasingly reflecting the age and social background mix of the communities we serve. Please rejoice with us in this, pray that it would continue to increase, and pray for the discipleship and fellowship challenges that it inevitably brings.