New Online Prayer Feature Launched
We've launched a new feature on our website to help us pray for one another as a family of churches.
One of the best ways we can serve one another during the coronavirus pandemic is to pray. That's why we've launched this new feature which allows churches to share their prayer requests so others around the country can be praying.
Your prayers will stay live for two weeks, but please keep coming back to post more items for prayer.
It's our hope that this feature will last long beyond the pandemic and encourage a spirit of prayer across our family of churches, both now and in the years to come.
How to Find Church Prayer Requests
You will be able to find prayer requests in two places:
- On the ‘Pray for our churches’ page you can view all the prayer requests that are currently open from churches across Britain or filter them by category and/or region.
- Each church’s page in our church directory will also show any current prayer requests for that church.
Each prayer request will expire after two weeks so keep coming back to find new prayer requests.
How to Share a Prayer Request
Every FIEC affiliated church will be able to share a maximum of two prayer points at a time, each being valid for up to two weeks at a time.
Please do not include confidential or personal details, unless explicit permission is given, as the prayers you share here will be public.
Please note that church correspondents will be able to login to share prayer requests. They can use the instructions and video below to learn how to add your prayer requests: technical support from the FIEC staff team is currently limited due to the coronavirus pandemic.
To share prayer requests:
- Click/tap on ‘Members login’ found in the main menu of fiec.org.uk. Please note that your church’s FIEC correspondent has access to the login details. If the correspondent has forgotten their password, they can request a new one.
- Click/tap on your name in the top right corner and select ‘Add Prayer Request’.
- Add a Prayer Title to give a quick overview of your prayer request.
- Add Prayer Text to explain what you would like praying for. There is a limit of 300 characters per prayer.
- Select your Categories to help people know what type of request it is. This will be used in the filter search on the main ‘Pray for our churches’ page. Your church’s region will be added automatically.
- Select an expiry date. The maximum expiry is two weeks, which is also the default expiry. If your prayer is time specific, you can amend this to expire sooner.
- Click/tap Create Prayer to submit your request.
Correspondents of FIEC churches can login to check and edit any prayer requests whenever they like.
Once prayer requests have expired, you can login to either re-open the old requests or add new/updated ones.