Line Manager: HR & Compliance Manager
Also responsible to 20schemes Events Manager for Mission Trip work
An opportunity has arisen for an HR & Mission Team Administrator in the 20schemes core team, as we seek to grow to provide service and support to a growing ministry planting churches in the schemes of Scotland.
An occupational requirement applies in terms of the Equality Act (part 1, schedule 9). This post requires the occupant to have a personal faith in Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord, and to believe that the Bible is fully trustworthy, in all that it affirms, and the highest authority for faith and life in keeping with 20schemes’ statement of faith. These principles require to be applied alongside the professional skills required in this role.
The successful candidate will work in the HR & Compliance Team and will have an important role to play providing HR services to the 20schemes Core, East Plant and North Plant teams, working to meet the requirements of the Employer Sponsor visa license and co-ordinate Mission Team visits to 20schemes churches.
- Full Time (38hrs) or significant part-time hours. These hours are flexible given the nature of
the position. Some evenings and weekends are required. Occasional out of town travel
will be necessary.
- 6 weeks annual Leave, 5 Statutory public holidays will be observed.
- Ordinarily, based at 20schemes Office in the East of Edinburgh.
All responsibilities are to be discharged with discernment, integrity, and wisdom to reflect and promote our message of the transformative power of the Lord Jesus.
1. H.R Administration
- Build relationships with Core, East and North teams, understanding their HR needs.
- Liase with Line Management, plant workers and members of Core team
- Execute H.R. processes for Recruitment, Onboarding & Induction and exits.
- Maintain and update worker records and produce letters and contracts.
- Plan and execute Worker Training days as required whether as own project or as part of a bigger project team.
- Plan for and oversee Candidate interviews and assessment weeks in conjunction with Hub Administrators and the U.S. team.
- Plan, co-ordinate and provide support for the Short-Term Internship programme, communicating clearly with interns and churches/plants and facilitating a match of applicant skills to plant requirements.
- Build Human Resources and employment law knowledge.
- Create regular reports and review procedures where required.
2. Visa Administration
- Maintain and update data required for the employment of sponsored workers.
- Conduct Labor Market Advertising as required by visa license rules.
- Report required updates or significant changes to the Home Office to deadlines.
- Apply for and assign certificates of sponsorship to sponsor workers.
- Build knowledge of visa guidance
- Create regular reports and review procedures where required
3. Mission Team Co-ordination
- Build relationships with planters and become aware of their current supporter churches.
- Liaise with US team to confirm mission week dates and match teams to plants.
- Ensure planters communicate exact dates and description of outreach, special skills desired in team members, and optimal number of team members.
- Communicate team information to plants in co-ordination with the U.S. Team and Hub Administrators.
- Troubleshoot to ensure all trips run smoothly.
- Ensure all planning for each team is in place with the plant, eg. Accommodation, schedule, catering, airport pick-ups and drop offs.
- A commitment to the core mission of 20schemes, that you seek to see Scotland’s schemes transformed by the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Strong communication skills (in fluent English) for email, documents, and phone manner
- To have self-structured & pro-active working practice
- Forward thinking with ability to thrive in a team and serve a diverse workforce.
- Computer literate with administrative experience
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience working or volunteering for a Christian charity.
- Knowledge of H.R. processes or labour law.
- To be or become a member at a 20schemes church plant in Edinburgh.
To apply please request an Application Form from [email protected]
CV’s submitted without a form (or vice-versa) cannot be considered as an application.Contact us