Church Vision: We are church for the city loving the whole world
We are achieving this vision by working on:
- Teaching that transforms illuminates and sends
- Discipleship through diverse community
- Being a voice to the city that serves the city
- Creating life giving community wherever you are
Job purpose: The Youth and Student Worker loves and serves the 15-22 age group, developing a strategy and programme that enables teaching and training, sees this age group discipled through the community of the church, equipped to speak to their contexts, encouraged to serve the church and the people around them, and playing a full part in the community of the church. The 15-18 age group is mostly children of families who are currently part of the church, the 18-22 age group is mostly students who have come to Liverpool to study.
Hours of work: 37 hours per week including Sunday morning and evening services, the Hub and Y-Connect. At least one full day free of any ministry commitments is guaranteed every week.
Salary: Point 3 (c25500) Flexible working can be negotiated if the candidate wishes to combine the post with theological study. There is a budget for this study if the candidate wishes to work less than full time.
Works to: Lead Minister and Mentored by Current Youth Leader
Place of work: CFS on Sundays, church office at other times.
- Lead on developing an exciting and innovative Y-Connect Programme which fulfills the church’s aims above.
- Lead on developing a student programme which aims to help students glorify Jesus in their vocation, prepares them for life beyond university and complements the activity of the Hub, Connect Groups and Gospel Friendships Discipleship and Pastoral Care
- Identify members of wider church who can invest in young people and students and use and create ways for this to happen.
- Develop 2 Gospel friendships per year with 15-18s and 2 Gospel friendships per year with 18-22
- Lead on the welcome and integration of new students to the church - Offer ongoing one to one care for members of Y Connect and Undergraduate students - Attend teenagers summer camp each year and encourage teenagers from church to go.
- Attend one church mission trip per year and encourage students from church to go Connecting with families
- Discuss needs of 15-18 age group with parents
- Input to church ministries and eldership to advocate for investment and care for parents and families.
- Track the journey for every new student to church using church CRM system
Contribution to staff team
- Training staff in helping these age groups
- Leading services
- Sunday team involvement
- The Youth and Student Worker will choose an appropriate course of study for personal development taking 2-3 hours per week
- They will attend appropriate training conferences and events
Other duties commensurate with the role.
This post involves regular weekend and evening working.
- Experience of studying in a secondary school and at university (no particular qualifications required)
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Excellent communication and pastoral skills
- Understanding of best practice in safeguarding for under 18s or willingness to be trained in this
- Proficiency in office software (Microsoft Office, Google Suite) and familiarity with churchsuite
- Experience working for an evangelical Christian church or organisation
- Experience discipling young people and/or students
- Experience of volunteer management
There is a Genuine Occupational Requirement that the postholder, as a member of the church
and leader of some ministry teams, accept the church doctrinal basis and is willing to work within and support the church doctrinal distinctives.
You will need a visa that allows you to work in the UK.
For more information visit our website: https://christchurchliverpool....Contact us