Marston Neighbourhood Church is a small, active evangelical church in Oxford that started twenty years ago as a church plant from Woodstock Road Baptist Church, Oxford, with the aim of reaching the residents of Marston with the gospel. Nearly all the members and others attending the church live in Marston. Through friendships, involvement in local schools and outreach events, we have built many relationships with people in the community.
A year ago we started a toddler group which has attracted large numbers of local families. We are praying that the Lord will bring a woman to help us reach out to the mums who come along. Her role would also involve encouraging other women in the church and mentoring those who are young in the faith.
We are looking for someone who relates well with others and loves to build relationships and talk about Jesus. She would work alongside, and under the supervision of, the pastor and elders.
Hours: part time, two or three days a week
Duration: three to four years
Location: Marston, Oxford
We are happy for the role to develop around her gifting, but broadly speaking we would like her to look for opportunities to:
- build relationships with mums who attend the toddler group
- meet with women in the community to tell them about Jesus
- meet with women in the church to strengthen them in their walk with the Lord
- study the Bible with women in the church
No previous formal experience is necessary. The role would suit someone willing and able to:
- be a committed member of Marston Neighbourhood Church, loyal to its ethos, doctrinal beliefs and leadership
- get alongside others to share the gospel and open God’s word one-to-one
- show initiative and increasingly self-direct her work
- live in, or at least near to, Marston, Oxford
- attend the toddler group (which is on Tuesday mornings during term time) and Sunday meetings