20schemes is the church planting and training ministry of Niddrie Community Church based in Edinburgh. We are looking for gospel-worker missionaries to live and serve in the schemes of Scotland. Due to the nature of the role, there is a requirement to live in the community and be a member of the church at which you will be placed. The applicant will specialise in a particular area: church planter associate, women’s worker, pastoral assistant, or youth worker. Gospel workers serve as part of a church-planting team, aiming to be positive role models, faithful friends, and committed evangelists in the schemes.
Location: Applicants may be required to work at existing church plants in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee, Inverness, or any new locations established in Scotland.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Share the gospel message of the Christian faith.
- Assist the Church Planter with any duties associated with establishing a healthy church.
- Pastorally care for, support, and counsel individuals within the church and community
- Recruit, train, and co-ordinate work of volunteers and junior staff
- Disciple new believers and establish and support discipleship relationships
- Help establish new and maintain existing community contacts
- Become familiar with needs of the area through surveys, interviews, etc.
- Assist with development of local and international partners for financial and prayer support
- 20schemes Ministry Internship (2 Year) or equivalent
- Undergraduate degree in ministry area
- Experience working within a ministry context Experience working with people from complex backgrounds
Our roles involve working with children or vulnerable adults. Niddrie Community Church is committed to safeguarding. Applicants will be subject to vetting and disclosure checks. Applications can only be considered from those who are U.K. citizens or who otherwise have a right to work in the U.K.
An occupational requirement applies in terms of the Equality Act (part 1, schedule 9). This post requires the occupant to have a personal faith in Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord, and to believe that the Bible is fully trustworthy, in all that it affirms, and is the highest authority for faith and life in keeping with 20schemes’ statement of faith. These principles require to be applied alongside the professional skills required in this role.
To apply please ask for an application form by emailing [email protected].
CV’s submitted without a form cannot be considered as an application.Contact us