Women's Ministry in Lockdown and Beyond (Webinar)
How can churches care for women during the lockdown period, and beyond?
FIEC National Director John Stevens is joined by FIEC's Women's Ministry team - Elinor Magowan, Rachel Sloan, and Gabby Samuel - to think about what women's ministry has looked like during lockdown, and how to go forward in women's ministry.
00:00 - Bible reflection: 1 Samuel 7:7-12;
05:52 - Women's Ministry in Lockdown and Beyond
35:16 - Q&A
- Should a church employ a men's worker as with women's workers?
- How can we build a team when people are weary and reluctant to take on new roles?
- Why or when should women's ministry be separate from the whole church?
You can watch previous webinars and sign up for future ones on the Leadership in Lockdown page.
Coronavirus guidance update
During the webinar, John Stevens also gave an update on the latest coronavirus law and guidance in England, with a Q&A. The update included implications of the new Tier system, new singing guidance, and church leaders' liabilities.
- Is mingling allowed in an outdoor service in a public place?
- What can we do with the subjective nature of the singing guidelines?
- Is singing allowed in a children's setting?
- How can we get different people involved in a carol service?
- Are socially distanced bands allowed in Tiers 2 and 3?
- Can music rehearsals take place?
- What is the guidance on the rule of six in outdoor public spaces?
- How can 'support groups' take place?
- Can Christmas meals and hospitality take place?
- COVID-19: guidance for the safe use of places of worship from 2 December (gov.uk);
- COVID-19: suggested principles of safer singing (gov.uk);
- Performing Arts: Working safely during coronavirus (COVID-19) (gov.uk);
- The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) (All Tiers) (England) Regulations 2020 (legislation.ogv.uk).