What Phase 3 in Scotland Means for Churches (Webinar)
A webinar and Q&A to discuss the Scottish Government's guidance for churches in Scotland.
Andy Hunter, FIEC's Scotland and North of England Director, is joined by David Nixon, Associate Pastor at Carrubbers Christian Centre, for an update on the latest Scottish Government guidance, and Kieran Turner, the Public Policy Officer for the Evangelical Alliance in Scotland, to hear how Scottish churches are being represented to Government.
00:00 - Bible teaching: Romans 11:33-36 (Andy Hunter);
06:57 - New laws and guidance in Scotland (David Nixon);
15:58 - Evangelical Alliance and the Scottish Government (Kieran Turner);
29:43 - Q&A
- When should we use 'place of worship' guidelines or more general guidelines? Can we hold a house group in a church building?
- What would be a safe way to hold a prayer meeting in a church building?
- What changes do you expect from the announcement on 22 September?
- Is there any evidence to push back on the limit of 50 in a church service?
- What biblical right, if any, does the Government have to say how we can or can't worship?
- The Health Protection (Coronavirus) (Restrictions and Requirements) (Scotland) Regulations 2020 (legislation.gov.uk);
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Phase 3: guidance for the safe use of places of worship (gov.scot);
- Outdoor services: Coronavirus (COVID-19): events sector guidance (gov.scot);
- Kids and youth work: Updated guidance for the renewal of indoor youth work services (youthlinkscotland.org);
- Mums and tots groups: Coronavirus (COVID-19): organised activities for children (provisional) (gov.scot).
You can watch back previous webinars and sign up for future webinars on the Leadership in Lockdown page.