Leadership Through a Lengthy Lockdown (Webinar)
A webinar, with questions and answers, to help church leaders think through leading their churches during what is looking like a long lockdown period.
- 0:00 - Teaching from Daniel 9: God's timings are not our timings (John Stevens);
- 7:47 - How might the lockdown be relaxed for churches? (John Stevens);
- 25:10 - Church while social distancing (Spencer Shaw)
- 35:31 - Q&A.
Some of the key updates and comments were:
- We are in regular touch to share church concerns with the Government.
- Churches in England won’t be able to meet together at all until July 4th at the very earliest, and it is looking unlikely that we will be able to gather as we used to before the end of the year and possibly even longer.
- The Government sees churches as equivalent to cinemas, restaurants, and pubs in the sense of how people gather and interact in those places.
- Our virtual gatherings may achieve more in practice than any social-distancing physical meetings will.
- It might be helpful to consider whether more investment is needed in our online ministry.
- It is helpful to consider what is working well in ministry now and, if it stops for physical meetings, what would be the equivalent benefit?
- If social distancing is taken up, the capacity of church buildings will need to change, as will many other aspects of church meetings.