Race and the Church & Welcoming Hong Kong Migrants (Webinar)
Why is race such a big issue at this moment in society, and how has it affected churches? How can churches welcome new migrants from Hong Kong?
FIEC National Director John Stevens is joined by social entrepreneur Dr Krish Kandiah to discuss why the issue of race is such a big deal at the moment, how it has impacted church leaders, and how churches can be part of the welcome reception for the many thousands of Hong Kong new arrivals.
00:00 - Bible reflection (Psalm 134).
05:21 - Race and the church.
31:50 - Welcoming Hong Kong migrants.
39:17 - Q&A
- Will people coming from Hong Kong congregate in cities, rural, suburban or other?
- How can we get a welcoming paragraph translated into Chinese for people coming from Hong Kong?
- Race and Refugees: a biblical approach to hospitality and border control (seminars, Friday 21 May).
- Register your church for UKHK (ukhk.org).
- SIM Interculutral Mission Workshops (sim.co.uk)
During the webinar, FIEC National Director John Stevens also gave an update on the relaxation of coronavirus restrictions on 17 May and how it affects church ministry.
You can watch previous webinars or sign up for future webinars on the Leadership in Lockdown page.