Missional Lessons from the Covid Crisis (Webinar)
What will mission look like for churches in the post-Covid world?
In this webinar FIEC National Director John Stevens is joined by Ed Stetzer, professor and dean at Wheaton College and Executive Director of the Billy Graham Center, to discuss mission in the post-Covid church. This is followed by a Q&A with church leaders.
00:00 - Bible reflection: Matthew 28:16-20
07:01 - The Post-Covid Church
- Temporarily deficient ecclesiology;
- Margins of the church;
- Shuffling in society;
- Dechurched people;
- Hybrid models;
- Pastoral difficulties;
40:13 - Q&A
- What specific areas of ecclesiology should we be focusing on?
- What is your view on churches who have not followed any guidance?
- What do we say to groups like Churches Together who want us to join with them?
- How do we help coax back those are on the margins?
- Are face masks a requirement for outdoors services (like carol services)?
- Waking Up in 2030 (nytimes.com);
- GC2 Summit 2019: Facing Hard Truths and Challenges of Pastoral Ministry (vimeo.com);
- Ed Stetzer's presentation slides have been sent via email to those who attended the webinar. Please get in touch if you'd like a copy.
You can watch previous webinars and sign up for future ones on the Leadership in Lockdown page.