Leading Through Lockdown 3 (Webinar)
How have local churches approached the latest national lockdown and how are they pastoring their people in the pandemic?
In this webinar, National Director John Stevens interviews a number of FIEC pastors about their different approaches to the national lockdown and how they are pastoring their people in the pandemic.
00:00 - Bible Reflection – Psalm 121
04:22 - Interviews with Pastors with questions as follows:
- How are congregations feeling about lockdown?
- Is there a sense that things are more hopeful now because of a vaccine?
- Has your church decided to open or not in Lockdown 3?
- How are you continuing to minister to your congregation?
- How do we care for children and young people in the lockdown?
- How do we keep the evangelistic focus of the church?
- How are pastors maintaining their own spiritual freshness?
40:46 - Q&A
- Is there any inkling that the lockdown will be tightened further?
- Does the fact that organisers are insisting on churches following the guidance mean that in effect the guidance is law?
- Is congregational singing still allowed outdoors as it was at Christmas time?
- Is there a difference implied in the guidance between in-person services and recorded services with regards to the number of singers?
- Is travelling out of town for church law or guidance?
- Can drive-in services continue?
- Aren’t Sunday Schools just part of communal worship and therefore permitted in the guidance?
- Is a Brethren style communion service permitted given that it is not led from the front?
Update on restrictions
During the webinar, John also gave an update on the latest Government position with relation to lockdown and how it impacts churches across England, Scotland and Wales.
You can watch previous webinars and sign up for future webinars on the Leadership in Lockdown page.