Keeping Evangelism Central During Lockdown (Webinar)
A webinar, with Q&A, to help church leaders think about evangelism during lockdown and how to keep it central in church life.
The theme of this webinar is evangelism and how church leaders can keep it central to church ministry during lockdown. The webinar is led by the FIEC's National Director John Stevens, and he is joined by Jeremy Marshall, the Chair of Christianity Explored Ministries and long term friend of the FIEC, and Mike Kendall, pastor at St Neots Evangelical Church and Chair of the FIEC Trust Board.
00:00 - Update on current lockdown restrictions for churches in England (John Stevens)
04:02 - Bible teaching (Romans 1:16): why are we ashamed of the gospel, and how do we counter our shame? (John Stevens)
09:49 - Opportunities for Evangelism in Lockdown (Jeremy Marshall)
22:10 - Keeping Evangelism Central in Your Church (Mike Kendall)
38:37 - Q&A
- Can we use Christianity Explored material on live streams with regard to copyright?
- How can we initiate personal evangelism in lockdown?
- How can we reach out to people we don't know in lockdown?
- What kind of evangelistic events work well with streaming online?
- How can we keep being effective in evangelism in the long term as people become more used to lockdown and apathetic to the gospel?
If you would like to find out more about booking Jeremy to speak at an event, please get in touch with him by email.
Key updates and comments
- There has never been a better opportunity for evangelism in recent memory than now;
- Technology allows non-believers to 'dip their toe' into Christian things which they might not do otherwise;
- We must continue to keep the gospel and sharing the gospel central, as we did before - even though that may look different in lockdown;
- We can keep evangelism central by preaching with the non-believer in view and staying relevant to modern life;
- Elders and church staff should lead by example in personal evangelism;
- We can use church communications to encourage members with ideas and inspiration;
- Godly living is important to avoid undermining the gospel message we seek to share.
- Can God Fix the World?, St Neots Evangelical Church
- Encouragement in Evangelism in Lockdown, Jeremy Marshall;
- 10 Thoughts on Evangelism in Lockdown, Jeremy Marshall;
- Evangelism in Lockdown — How Can We Reach Out When We Can't Go Out?, Glen Scrivener (Speak Life);
- Using Christianity Explored Online, Christianity Explore Ministries;
- Join the Bible sharers, The Word One to One.