Is it Worth Serving the Lord? (Webinar)
A word of encouragement for church leaders under the pressure of lockdown.
Colin Smith, pastor of The Orchard Evangelical Free Church in Chicago, USA, joined us for this week's Leadership in Lockdown webinar to preach from Malachi 3:13-18 as an encouragement to church leaders that their labour in the Lord is not in vain.
Churches Through Lockdown
During the webinar, Orlando Saer, pastor at Christ Church Southampton, shared how his church has been serving through lockdown.
During the webinar, Scotland Director Andy Hunter shared the latest coronavirus restrictions for churches in Scotland and John Stevens gave an update covering the restrictions in England.
00:26 - Restrictions in Scotland
05:02 - Restrictions in England
10:29 - Q&A
- Can church leaders hold 'work meetings' in private homes? Including one-to-ones or pastoral visits?
- Can you hold a one-to-one in a church building as a 'work meeting' with no masks?
- Can a pastor interact across the church in a service?
- How does the 1m+ social distancing rule affect church buildings?
- Should FIEC take a lead a research into singing behind masks?
- What does the long term recovery look like coming out of lockdown?
- How has Colin Smith been navigating the pandemic in Chicago?
You can watch previous webinars, and sign up for future webinars, on the Leadership in Lockdown page.