How to Keep Refreshed in Lockdown (Webinar)
Many of us are tired and exhausted by how long the lockdown has lasted already and it will be some months before we emerge into anything like normality. So how do we keep refreshed as church leaders?
FIEC Associate National Director Johnny Prime interviews some FIEC church leaders to hear something about how we can keep refreshed as leaders.
0:00 - Bible reflection (Psalm 126): Restore Our Fortunes
6:39 - How to be refreshed - introduction
9:59 - Catherine Heath, St Neots Evangelical Church
15:07 - Steve Robinson, Cornerstone Church, Liverpool
23:47 - Julian Hardyman, Eden Baptist Church, Cambridge
- Jesus, Lover of My Soul (ivpbooks.com)
31:19 - Richard and Carolyn Lacey, Woodgreen Evangelical Church, Worcester
Coronavirus update - Children and Youth Activities
In the past week, the Government has published the guidance relevant for children and youth activities in church. FIEC National Director John Stevens helps explain the guidance for church leaders planning Sunday School and other children's clubs.
- Do leaders count in the 15 parents allowed in out-of-school settings?
- Is it '5 and under' or '5 and over' in the age guidance?
- Do we know when the places of worship guidance will change? How should churches plan for this?
- Wil we able to sing any time soon - indoors or outdoors?
- Should the vaccination roll-out change our response to the over 70s in our churches?
- When do you think we will be able to gather for a church meeting or AGM?
- When does the 'exceptional circumstances' guidance change for weddings?
- Will churches be able to do summer camps this year?
- Protective measures for holiday and after-school clubs, and other out-of-school settings during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak (gov.uk).
- What parents and carers need to know about early years providers, schools and colleges during COVID-19 (gov.uk).
- Coronavirus advice: Children’s, youth and families ministry (baptist.org.uk).
You can watch previous webinars and sign up for future webinars on the Leadership in Lockdown page.