How to Engage Effectively with Government (Webinar)
How can we engage well with Government in our culture and context as evangelical church leaders?
FIEC National Director John Stevens is joined by Nola Leach, Chief Executive of CARE (Christian Action, Research, and Education) and Tim Farron MP for Westmorland and Lonsdale, to discuss how to effectively commend Christ to and advance the causes and issues that are important to us with Government.
0:00 - Bible reflection (2 Corinthians 4:16-18): Do Not Lose Heart
6:23 - Engaging positively with local and national Government
32:59 - A Government perspective
45:27 - Q&A
- Is it better to respectfully disagree or are only the ones who shout loudest those who get heard?
- Do you think churches will have to close again in the event of another lockdown?
- How can we better speak with one voice as evangelicals?
- How can we practically work together in the future?
During the webinar, John Stevens also gave an update on the coronavirus restrictions and the implications for churches, followed by a Q&A:
- Can you travel from a Tier 3 area to a Tier 2 area for church?
- Can you sing outside in England?
You can watch the update below.
You can watch previous webinars, and sign up for future ones, on the Leadership in Lockdown page.