Caring for Families and Children in Lockdown (Webinar)
How can churches best support the families and children in their congregations through a difficult third lockdown?
All the evidence is that families are struggling under this lockdown. The pressures of working from home, looking after children at home, and issues of mental health means we want to think through how we can care for families and children well.
FIEC National Director John Stevens is joined by Families Workers Kathryn Jackson (Cornerstone Church, Nottingham), Dean Dryden, and Pete Woodcock (Cornerstone Church, Kingston) to discuss the unique situations families are currently in, and ways churches can support them during this time.
00:00 - Bible reflection (Psalm 124): God's help ensures we are not destroyed by our enemies.
07:43 - Unique situations for families.
19:12 - What can church leaders do?
29:01 - Ideas to support families in lockdown.
49:42 - Q&A
- Has lockdown been an opportunity for children to appreciate the value of corporate worship?
- How have you been supporting older folk without online facilities?
- Ideas for churches to support families (Cornerstone Church, Kingston);
- Faith in Kids podcast;
- Everyday Dadding podcast;
- Popcorn Parenting podcast.
You can watch previous webinars and sign up for future webinars on the Leadership in Lockdown page.