Together (Spring 2019)
Featuring stories from across our Fellowship of churches.
The digital version of Together is above but you can sign-up to receive future issues delivered by post. Find out more at fiec.org.uk/together
In this issue…
- Money for your mission - A donor’s generous gift has led to FIEC launching a £750,000 mission fund. John Stevens, explains how the money will be allocated.
- Called to a Northern adventure - For four years, Worthing in West Sussex had been home for Doug Clark and his family. So why did they decide to up-sticks and move 300 miles last summer?
- Supporting women in ministry - Elinor Magowan talks about her life and career, and why women in ministry need support.
- Conference call - Huw Iley explains why congregations should encourage their leaders to attend the 2019 Leaders’ Conference.
- A lasting legacy for Scotland - Gavin McAllister’s death last year, aged 99, marked the passing of one of FIEC’s elder statesmen. But, as Andy Hunter explains, Gavin’s impact on FIEC’s work will live on.
- First steps towards ministry - How can someone feeling a strong call to ‘independent’ church ministry begin their journey?
- Show & Tell - An introduction to Primer issue 07.
- Helping prisoners into the light - Tim Diaper explains how you can help people behind bars to start a new life.
- Website links global to local - Seasoned missionary Matt Rich encourages churches to make more use of online tools.
- Bible fun for young people - Ed Drew caught up with some of the younger people who attended the Bible by the Beach conference to ask them what’s special about the weekend.
...as well as book reviews, new church affiliations and other stories.