Online Local Conferences and Webinars on Leadership in Lockdown
Due to government advice on avoiding gatherings, our normal Local Conferences have been cancelled. In their place we have arranged short, online conferences and webinars to continue to offer support and partnership building during this time of lockdown.
On Wednesday 29th April we held a Zoom consultation with a cross-section of FIEC pastors across the country. We were encouraged to hear of ways churches and leaders are supporting and encouraging each other during lockdown.
We shared two ideas of ways pastors and leaders could be encouraged during this time. As a result, we want to offer you two specific opportunities to be equipped and encouraged in your work for our Lord Jesus.
Online Local Conferences: Leadership & Legacy
Apart from the Local Conferences that happened before lockdown, the programme of conferences between now and July have been cancelled.
We experimented with a two-hour conference on Zoom for church leaders in Scotland on 22nd April. Those who participated seemed to benefit from it.
We are therefore arranging a series of similar local conferences by Zoom. We have suggested that they seek to cover certain geographical areas, but if your area is not covered or you cannot make the date or time of the one for your area, please do sign up to any one you wish.
The dates are as follows:
- Thursday 7th May, 2pm - 4pm: South West (Gloucester, Swindon, Reading, Bath, Aylesbury);
- Monday 11th May, 11am - 1pm: South East (Cambridge, Suffolk, Essex, Hertfordshire);
- Tuesday 19th May, 2pm - 4pm: London;
- Monday 1st June, 11am – 1pm: Wales and Bristol;
- Thursday 11th June, 10am to 12pm: Midlands and North West (Kendal, Black Country, Birmingham);
- Monday 15th June, 11am - 1pm: South Coast (Waterlooville, Sussex, Kent);
- Monday 29th June, 2pm - 4pm: Devon and Cornwall.
Please book on our Local Conferences page and the Zoom instructions will be sent to you by email prior to the meeting. Please do invite others to sign up too.
Webinars: Leadership in Lockdown
These webinars will be held on a Wednesday lunchtime from 12pm-1pm. John Stevens, FIEC’s National Director, will do a short talk on a topic connected to leadership in lockdown and there will be opportunity for discussion and questions. Subjects to be covered will be indicated on our events page soon, but the first is outlined below:
- Wednesday 6th May, 12pm - 1pm: Leading into the New Normal;
- Wednesday 13th May, 12pm - 1pm: Leading Through a Lengthy Lockdown;
- Wednesday 20th May, 12pm - 1pm: Word & Sacrament in Lockdown;
- Wednesday 3rd June, 12pm - 1pm;
- Wednesday 10th June, 12pm - 1pm.
Please sign up for the first webinar on Guestlink and the Zoom details will be sent to you by email.
Our prayer is that both these initiatives will be a way in which pastors and other leaders can be encouraged in their service of the local church during lockdown.
May the sufficient grace of our Lord Jesus continue to equip you with everything good for doing His will.