We are looking for a dynamic, flexible, passionate leader who can support who can help disciple our church teenagers, and better pastorally support church families with children.
We currently have a group of about 15-20 teens who engage with our youth groups. Several have come to faith in recent years and we are looking for someone who can invest into their lives through regular Bible teaching, and fun!
We also have about 40-50 children who attend Sunday School. We have a strong Sunday School team, but we want to explore how we can support their families better.
What does the role involve?
The scope of the role can be shaped to the successful candidate’s gifting and available time.
Taking a lead in youthwork
- Faithfully teaching and evangelising our young people from God’s word. And faithfully praying for our young people and encouraging others to do so.
- Leading a team of about 10 volunteers to run our youth groups on Friday and Sunday evenings.
- Organising a weekend away for them each year.
- Being our representative and team-leader at Rooted (joint youthwork run by local churches).
Championing whole-life discipleship for families
- Strategic thinking about how we can best support church families to disciple their own children: courses, one-off Sunday-evening events, mini-conferences, catechesis, etc.
- Encouraging the whole body of Christ to be involved in prayer, teaching and care of children.
- The successful candidate will become a church deacon responsible for all aspects of children and youth ministry. As such, you would be expected to take an active role in the leadership team of the church, also working closely with the pastor and eldership team.
- Working with the Sunday School team and advising them when necessary.
- Champion the work of Growing Young Disciples in our church.
- Oversight of occasional children & youth services (Christmas, Easter, light parties, all-age services etc).
- To maintain working practices in line with our safeguarding policy.
The role would suit:
- Someone with an obvious passion for teaching God’s word to the next generation.
- Someone with some ministry/theological training and experience of working with teens and/or families.
For more information about the church and how to apply, visit our website.Contact us