Emmanuel Church Bramcote is looking to appoint a Youth & Children’s Work Coordinator on a 0.75 basis (30 hours per week) to start in January 2021 or soon after.
The Youth & Children’s work coordinator is responsible for setting the vision and culture for work among young people and children at Emmanuel: to ensure that it is thoroughly bible-centred and in line with the ethos of Emmanuel, as set by the Leadership Team. The role includes teaching the bible to children and young people, leading the team of leaders and helpers, organising the youth & children’s programme and, through creating a loving environment, putting in place the means for each child to be nurtured in their love for Jesus as part of the church family.
Emmanuel Church Bramcote is a church of around 100 members with 50 children attending regularly. Bramcote is a suburb of Nottingham, roughly 4 miles south of the city centre. We aim to be a bible-centred family church that is accessible and outsider-friendly, contemporary, informal, child-friendly, warm-hearted, and caring.
Although the person appointed would not be part of the Leadership Team, we are looking for someone of the character and competency described in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
In particular, we are seeking:
- A committed evangelical Christian who is in wholehearted agreement with every clause of the church’s Statement of Faith and seeking to reform his/her personal life in line with Biblical truth. He/she must agree with the FIEC Statement on same sex marriage and be comfortable with and supportive of Emmanuel’s baptism policy and ‘men and women at Emmanuel’ policies.
- Someone committed to a bible-centred model of ministry amongst young people and children and who shows evidence of exercising such a ministry. Some level of theological training would be desirable.
- Someone who is comfortable with and has experience of teaching the bible and working across the whole 0-18 age range. Someone who likes children and young people and relates well to them.
- A well organised and reliable person, capable of coordinating the work smoothly and calmly.
- A team player who will work well with staff colleagues, the Leadership Team, and youth and children’s teams and who can lead groups of volunteers graciously and clearly.
- A creative person with vision, initiative and the ability to develop new ideas to implementation.
- A responsible person who grasps the importance of best Safeguarding practice.