Avenue Community Church is an independent church (affiliated to the FIEC) based in the Clarendon Park area of Leicester.
We have five core values that shape everything we do in our life together:
A loving family
With everyone involved
We have had women’s workers on staff as a church for more than ten years, and we are looking to appoint a new women’s worker (part-time) from September 2020.
This role will focus on equipping and enabling women at Avenue to disciple other women through studying God’s word, prayer, and gospel-shaped relationships.
The role involves the following:
• Overseeing the discipleship of women at Avenue at every age and stage of life
• Encouraging women at every age and stage of life in their love for Jesus Christ
• Overseeing prayer triplets and one-to-one discipling among women
• Overseeing evangelism for women (e.g. outreach events, Christianity Explored)
• Leading our weekly women’s bible study
• Organising our annual women’s away day
• Working closely with the elders and the other members of our staff team
The candidate will:
• have a clear love for God, his word and his people
• be teachable and able to teach others with integrity
• be pastoral in applying biblical principles
• able to work in a team
• have a desire to develop women’s reliance on God and passion for God’s word in their lives
• be committed to equipping women to disciple one another and share the gospel with others
Deadline for applications: Friday 31 January 2020
Interviews: hopefully take place by late February / early March 2020