Are you a Christian with skills in organisation and communications? Would you like the opportunity to use these skills to help a new church plant in Brighton? Then we are looking for someone like you to partner with us. Rather like we read in Acts 6, we need practical “deacons” to come and serve us. Could that be you, or someone you know?
Grace Church Brighton was formed in January 2021. We are part of the FIEC and the Association of Grace Baptist Churches South East with links to Acts 29 and the Sussex Gospel Partnership.
We want to establish a healthy missional church with a wider vision to help strengthen and plant further churches in East Brighton in obedience to Jesus’ Great Commission. Brighton was recently declared the most godless city in England and so the spiritual needs are great.
Since launching, we are now a membership of 21 believers. We meet in the central/Lewes Road area of the city and are led by two Pastors who are themselves assisted by two Pastors in Training. We have at least one overseas Missionary due to join us in the next year and possibly more in years to come. But alongside this growing ministry activity, we urgently need Christians with practical skills to help us raise funds and better organise our ministry.
We are looking for someone
● who is a passionate Christian, excited about the possibilities of mission in Brighton through the ministry of the local church.
● with Operations experience and gifting to create systems and organisational structures to help us as we grow.
In particular you would help us:
● Coordinate our internal and external communications.
● Lead with fundraising and coordination of deputation visits to supporting churches
● Organise Staff Team meetings and diary coordination.
● Coordinate administration and diaconate ministries in the church.
Your role would be to free up the Elders for church planting/strengthening, evangelism and discipleship. We’re unable to afford to pay you, so this is a voluntary position for 1 or 2 days a week (although travel expenses would be paid). But perhaps you are nearing retirement and have skills built up in your career that you would like to use for gospel purposes. Or, perhaps you are thinking of relocating to work remotely and would like to help a smaller church?
If you think you might be able to help, we would love to hear from you.Contact us