The Premises Assistant – Flexible Hours (PA) supports the mission of Westminster Chapel through the efficient and effective use of our facilities. This role involves practical work supporting both Chapel and external events, and caretaking for both internal and external activities. This role reports to the Executive Pastor (XP).
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Practical support for internal and external events.
- Set up and set down of furniture and equipment for both Chapel events and external events as instructed.
- Preparation, set up, and maintenance of refreshments for events.
- Monitoring supplies, rubbish, and recycling and replenishing or replacing as appropriate.
- Manage the opening and securing of the building and spaces for events
- Act as the responsible person for Fire, Health & Safety, Security and First Aid for events
- Provide practical support as appropriate
- Conduct an induction for external users for each event
As a member of the premises team, contribute to the efficient and effective operation of all building systems
- Daily site survey and log of site conditions, defects, and other issues
- Maintain inventory of premises and first aid supplies, reporting when items are needed to be reordered
- Health and safety checks, including ladder checks
- Reactive cleaning as required
- Train volunteer Chapel members on managing the premises as needed
- Be available to cover evening and weekend Chapel events as needed
- Be an active member of Westminster Chapel