At Street Baptist Church our children’s work includes midweek clubs, Sunday groups, a Holiday Bible Club and camps. We are seeking a full-time Children’s Worker to work alongside our existing volunteers to further develop and enhance this vital ministry.
Key objectives include:
• making the church a friendly and welcoming place for children and their families
• providing a programme of activities suitable for children aged 3-11
• teaching children about the gospel and Christian beliefs
• discipling and nurturing children who come to know Jesus, helping them to grow as Christians
• training and nurturing our volunteer children's workers
• a passion for communicating the gospel clearly to children
• able to communicate clearly with and relate well to children, parents and team members
• able to train and encourage others
• a good team player who is organized and self-motivated
• willing to engage in further training as appropriate
• a committed Christian
• a solid understanding of the Bible
• previous experience working with children
• experience in coordinating programmes and events
• awareness and training in Safeguarding and Health and Safety (or willing to be trained)
It is a Genuine Occupational Requirement that the holder of this post is a practising Christian whose lifestyle is consistent with the values and doctrine of the Christian faith. The holder of the post will be expected to become a member of Street Baptist Church and agree with the Basis of Faith.
This post requires an Enhanced DBS disclosure.
Applications can only be considered from those who are UK citizens or who otherwise have a right to work in the UK.
You will need to be able to declare wholehearted acceptance of the FIEC doctrinal basis and agreement with the FIEC ethos statements.
Get in touch about this job email@example.com