We’re a busy church in the centre of Cambridge. Each week we welcome a wonderful mix of local residents, visiting internationals and Cambridge and Anglia Ruskin students.
We’re looking for one more Apprentice to join our team from September 2019 for one year. Due to specific ministry opportunities – including with female students and our International Women’s Group – we’re keen to invite applications from women.
Our Church Apprenticeship programme combines great theological training (through TEAM, run by East Anglia Gospel Partnership), experience in a range of ministries, and responsibility for practical duties central to weekly church life.
This is an apprenticeship role and we are not expecting applicants to be the finished product. However, the following attributes and skills are considered important:
• Servant-hearted and teachable;
• Good people skills; capable of relating to people of different nationalities and backgrounds;
• Possessing organisational and administrative skills;
• Able to stay cheerful doing routine, regular tasks;
• Reliable, accurate and with good attention to detail;
• Computer literate, ideally with some knowledge of Microsoft Office;
• Flexible with regard to daily tasks and hours worked;
• Willing to be involved in our exciting student ministry (as well as other groups).
It is an Occupational Requirement that Church Apprentices are committed Christians who agree with our Basis of Faith and are eligible for church membership.
In relation to this specific vacancy, it is also an Occupational Requirement that the successful candidate will be a woman, to assist in our student ministry to female students and to women in our International Women’s Group.
Applications can only be considered from those who are UK citizens or who otherwise have a right to work in the UK.
You will need to be able to declare wholehearted acceptance of the FIEC doctrinal basis and agreement with the FIEC ethos statements.