This is a leadership role on the church staff team focusing on managing the development of the life of the church, overseeing the implementation of the church vision by helping empower both staff and members in ministry development and exercising a pastoral care and teaching ministry.
The role involves the following:
- To work alongside the Lead Pastor in developing the strategic and practical implementation of the church vision
- To share in the preaching and teaching ministry of the church and shaping the content of our public gatherings
- To oversee the practical running of the church, with a particular emphasis on the training and mobilising of our ministry serving teams to be increasingly effective in serving the Lord Jesus
- To take responsibility for the church calendar and implementing changes that will lead to better delivery of our church values and vision
- As an elder and trustee, to attend monthly Elders Meetings, Sunday Services, leaders and church meetings
More information from:
A committed Christian who:
- Models a godly life and is of good reputation with those inside and outside the church
- Has a passion for God, a love of His Word and a commitment to spend quality time in study in order to teach others
- Evidences a pastoral heart and a love for God’s people and a willingness to pray daily for the Lord's blessing upon the church
- An aptitude to be part of a creative process of leadership
- A proven ability in taking initiative and the ability to initiate change and carry through plans to completion
- Would be passionate to join a team committed to loving Christ, His people and the lost, convinced that the Bible is God’s sufficient and inerrant word and is fully supportive of the church vision
- Evidences a proven ability in management and team leadership in a secular or church context, has good planning and personnel skills, good financial management skills and the ability to maximise the efficient use of resources to achieve a goal
- Evidences a teachable spirit and desire to be a committed team player and grow as a servant of Christ
Applications can only be considered from those who are UK citizens or who otherwise have a right to work in the UK.
You will need to be able to declare wholehearted acceptance of the FIEC doctrinal basis and agreement with the FIEC ethos statements.
Get in touch about this job firstname.lastname@example.org
The Globe Church
We are a church made up of many stories. But we are seeking to understand the One Story. The greatest story. A story of love, of treason, of redemption, of joy. The story of God and His World.
A story to hear - We believe that God speaks as the Bible is read and preached. So we are committed to enabling as many people as possible to engage with the voice of the Living God.
A story to enjoy - We believe that eternal joy is found in knowing Jesus. So we are committed to knowing and experiencing that joy together - even in our suffering.
A story to share - We believe that God is deeply generous. So we are committed to reflecting that generosity. We long to be a church where people are transformed, equipped and then sent out to serve Jesus all over the world.