Emmanuel Baptist Church is a growing church in the North West of Leeds, Yorkshire. We are beginning preparations to plant another congregation in the wider Leeds area. We are looking for an Assistant Pastor to join our pastoral team.
Our vision is to train men who want to serve the Lord long-term and this post is suitable for a recent graduate from theological college or for someone who wants to gain wider experience before taking on his own Pastorate.
We would also be particularly keen to hear from anyone who believes the Lord has called and equipped them to be a church-planter. The position offered is initially for a 3-year period, extendable by mutual agreement for a fourth year.
The successful applicant will share in the preaching and pastoral oversight and will, depending on gifts and experience, take responsibility for evangelism and children’s/youth ministry.
Principal Responsibilities (Job Description)
1. Preaching on the Lord’s Day (in normal circumstances twice a month), including service preparation and liaison with the Operations Manager and Music Ministry leader.
2. Leading services and taking communion services as required.
3. Leading a Home Group (Growth Group) and taking overall responsibility for the Growth Group ministry at Emmanuel.
4. Taking oversight for other significant areas of the church’s ministry depending on personal gifting – e.g. Children’s and Youth Ministry or Evangelism.
5. Supporting the development of others for ministry – e.g. in our Apollos Group or preaching classes.
6. Pastoral care for our members and attenders and others who come within the orbit of our ministry, working in conjunction with the pastoral team, elders and deacons. This will on occasions include emergency pastoral situations.
7. Leading other services and events on an ad hoc basis – e.g. weddings, funerals, Christmas Day services, Holiday Bible Club etc.
8. Involvement in planning and preparation within the church – e.g. Holiday Bible Club, Church planting etc.
Please visit our website: www.ebcleeds.org.uk.
Contact Wes Johnston for further information and an informal chat:
Wes Johnston at email@example.com
• Christian in full agreement with the church’s rules and Basis of Faith.
• High integrity and trustworthiness with clear recognition of the need for confidentiality and sensitivity in relationships and communications
• Good time management and the ability to achieve deadlines.
• Able to work on your own initiative, dealing with competing demands.
• Able to forward plan and organise.
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to recognise differing perspectives.
• Communication skills (written and oral).
• Good understanding of safeguarding principles.
• Experience in pastoral care.
• Preaching and teaching gifts.
• Theological/Christian ministry qualification (experience in a pastoral/preaching role with mentoring from a mature experienced pastor may suffice).
Applications can only be considered from those who are UK citizens or who otherwise have a right to work in the UK.
You will need to be able to declare wholehearted acceptance of the FIEC doctrinal basis and agreement with the FIEC ethos statements.
Get in touch about this job firstname.lastname@example.org
Emmanuel Baptist Church, Leeds
We meet together to worship God, to hear the Bible explained, and to enjoy fellowship with each other. Both our Sunday services are held at Emmanuel Baptist Church, Horsforth, at 10.30am & 6:00pm.
Around 200 people regularly attend our Sunday services. We have Bible teaching and prayers at each service. We sing a mix of traditional hymns and contemporary worship songs, led by musicians playing on a variety of instruments. Above all, we try to make our services straightforward, relevant to everyday life, and faithful to God’s Word, the Bible.