Do you long to see your friends and neighbours understand that, no matter who they are, God loves them and offers them eternal joy and peace through faith in the self-sacrificing love of Jesus Christ? We do, and we need help in communicating it to our local community.
Bawtry Community Church is seeking to appoint a committed, self-motivated person to develop our outreach, particularly to people aged under 50: families, youth, singles, children. The job will also include enhancing our presence on the internet, including social media.
This is a new post, made possible through a recent legacy, and will initially be for a period of three years. This may be extended if funding allows. If appropriate, the job may be shared between two part-time appointees.
- To have a committed personal faith in Jesus Christ.
- To be committed to growing in the grace and truths of the Christian faith.
- To personally model the Christian life in such a way that inspires others to do the same.
- To be passionate in seeing people come to faith in Jesus Christ and growing as disciples.
- To have demonstrable ability to understand and communicate Biblical teaching.
- To have the ability to establish and develop relationships with young people, families, church leaders and the wider community.
- To be able to operate under the authority of the leadership team.
- To have the ability to manage and encourage volunteers, and work collaboratively with them
- To be sensitive when working with people from other faiths, cultural backgrounds and lifestyles.
- To be friendly and approachable.
- To be aware of the issues that Evangelicals don’t always agree on, and to be able to work/ worship alongside those whose convictions on these issues may differ.
- To be able to keep going when things or people prove difficult.
- To be teachable.
- To be able to balance working under own initiative and as a team player.
- To be aware of the issues and stresses of the under 50’s in today’s world.
- To have the self-discipline and enthusiasm to initiate new works.
- To have good time management skills.
- To have a willingness to work flexible hours when appropriate.
- To be able to perform basic administrative tasks efficiently.
More information at: www.bawtrycommunitychurch.org/jobs
Applications can only be considered from those who are UK citizens or who otherwise have a right to work in the UK.
You will need to be able to declare wholehearted acceptance of the FIEC doctrinal basis and agreement with the FIEC ethos statements.
Get in touch about this job firstname.lastname@example.org