Surrey Chapel is seeking a new Youth and Children’s Pastor to develop our children’s and youth activities and lead our team of volunteer youth leaders.
One of our Church vision priorities is to Invest in Youth – we see Children, Youth and Students are a priority for us and we aim to provide high-quality programmes to support them into adult Christian life.
About Surrey Chapel
Surrey Chapel is a church family of about 250 Christian believers that exists to:
Speak the truth... Live in Love...Grow in Christ
We meet together for Sunday worship and a range of midweek activities in a modern building on the northern side of central Norwich. We aim to be welcoming and contemporary. We have a reputation as a ‘teaching and sending’ church with a growing emphasis on community and compassion ministries.
The Youth & Children’s Pastor will be expected to:
• Lead and develop Surrey Chapel’s children’s and youth activities - including regular midweek, Sunday, Holiday Clubs and other ad-hoc activities as required
• Develop a vision for youth work in Surrey Chapel
• Develop the capabilities of the Surrey Chapel’s volunteer youth leaders - including
recruiting and retaining volunteers
• Relate to young people in formal and informal settings
• Build relationships with and support parents. Engage parents and other relevant stakeholders in the development and delivery of children’s and youth activities.
• Share the gospel, disciple young people, supporting their growth into committed followers of Jesus Christ
• Become a member of the church and therefore be involved in the wider life of Surrey Chapel - participating in worship, prayer and bible study leadership
• Be aware of and act upon “best practice” in the world of children’s and youth work
Applications can only be considered from those who are UK citizens or who otherwise have a right to work in the UK.
You will need to be able to declare wholehearted acceptance of the FIEC doctrinal basis and agreement with the FIEC ethos statements.
Get in touch about this job email@example.com
We’re an active and busy Christian Free Evangelical church near the centre of Norwich made up of people from all walks of life, all ages and even from across different countries.
Surrey Chapel isn’t just a building or a name – it’s a community of people. And what brings us all together? We’re committed to following Jesus Christ with our whole lives, committed to loving and serving each other and the wider community around us.
We meet together in our Sunday services and in smaller gatherings during the week, as we pray, serve and reach out to those around us, and in partnerships with other churches and organisations in this country and around the world