Surrey Chapel is seeking a new Pastor to provide leadership and strategic development of the church, equipping members and staff to become increasingly effective in sharing the gospel of our Lord Jesus.
About Surrey Chapel:
Surrey Chapel is a church family of about 250 Christian believers that exists to:
Speak the truth... Live in Love... Grow in Christ
We meet together for Sunday worship and a range of midweek activities in a modern building on the inner link road, on the northern side of central Norwich. We aim to be welcoming and contemporary. We have a reputation as a ‘teaching and sending’ church with a growing emphasis on community and compassion ministries.
Our previous Pastor of fifteen years, Tom Chapman, went to be with the Lord last year and we are searching for a Pastor to work alongside the elders and our existing Pastor Gary Ryan in the spiritual leadership of the church
For a Role Profile and Application Pack, please email
• Love for Jesus: You have delight and intimacy with the Father, captivation with Jesus and sensitivity to the voice of the Spirit in the Bible
• Love for God’s Word: You have an appetite for God’s Word, a readiness to get to grips with the great doctrines of the faith, a hunger to understand how the gospel applies to all of life in all its complexity, challenges and issues
• Love for God’s People : You have a heart to be around people, a willingness to share life with others, a readiness to face conflict resolution for the sake of the gospel and the capacity to maintain a thick skin with a tender heart
• Love for the Lost: At the core, your pastoral ministry will have a desire to see people come to Christ locally and globally
• Skilled communicator: You are able to share the gospel and lead the church with clarity, conviction and in a manner that engages the range of demographics within the church and community. You communicate complete biblical truth within a changing culture, recognising where there is need to allow freedom in loving debate about complex issues of secondary importance
• Leading change: You must be able to manage continuity, change and transition whilst maintaining unity. You know how to equip and enable others
• Commitment to results: You are action oriented and innovative. You translate broad goals into achievable steps. You anticipate and solve problems and take advantage of opportunities
• Teachable Spirit: You recognise that you are a learner as well as a teacher. It is important that a pastor has a self-awareness that invites other Christians to speak into their lives and welcomes constructive critique of their character and abilities
Applications can only be considered from those who are UK citizens or who otherwise have a right to work in the UK.
You will need to be able to declare wholehearted acceptance of the FIEC doctrinal basis and agreement with the FIEC ethos statements.
Get in touch about this job firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re an active and busy Christian Free Evangelical church near the centre of Norwich made up of people from all walks of life, all ages and even from across different countries.
Surrey Chapel isn’t just a building or a name – it’s a community of people. And what brings us all together? We’re committed to following Jesus Christ with our whole lives, committed to loving and serving each other and the wider community around us.
We meet together in our Sunday services and in smaller gatherings during the week, as we pray, serve and reach out to those around us, and in partnerships with other churches and organisations in this country and around the world