Grace Church is looking to appoint an Assistant Pastor to join the eldership of the church starting around September 2017. This will be initially for a two year period but with the potential to extend this, either at Grace Church itself or through a further Grace Church plant/revitalisation. We believe this position offers an exciting opportunity to serve and train within a growing, friendly and supportive church family, who are committed to making and growing disciples of the Lord Jesus in the town of Ryde and its surrounding communities. Grace Church has grown out of church revitalisation and so the post could be particularly attractive to a man who has recently completed some theological training and is looking to gain experience with a view to church revitalisation/planting.
We’re keen to adapt the position to suit the strengths and gifts of the applicant, but we envisage the role including –
• Regular Sunday expository preaching
• Small group and one-to-one discipleship and training.
• Leading of Sunday gatherings.
• Pastoral care
We envisage that the ideal candidate will –
• Have a love for God, his Word, his People and the lost.
• Have a clear sense of call to full time pastoral ministry and display the character and gifts necessary for such a role.
• Be committed to exercising a ministry that is rigorously gospel centred, bible driven, mission focussed, outward looking and contemporary.
• Be flexible and teachable in spirit and value working as part of a team.
Applications can only be considered from those who are UK citizens or who otherwise have a right to work in the UK.
You will need to be able to declare wholehearted acceptance of the FIEC doctrinal basis and agreement with the FIEC ethos statements.
Get in touch about this job email@example.com