Jersey Baptist Church is a growing evangelical church in the heart of St. Helier, Jersey, in the Channel Islands. We are seeking to appoint a full-time Director of Youth and Families Ministry to grow and develop our ministry among young people and their families both in the church and island wide.
In a sense we are a microcosm of the City of London whilst at another level there are 16000 people resident in the square mile around Jersey Baptist Church many in bed-sits and earning the minimum wage; A large number of children live in the vicinity of the Church. The 3 largest primary schools are all within walking distance; in addition the Education Department supports Christian assemblies.
We are looking for an individual who:
• Loves Christ with a mature and dynamic faith which is expressed in a reliance on prayer, a commitment to the Bible, and a desire to make Christ known.
• Has a clear capacity and passion for leading and teaching the Bible and is able to connect with young people and be a role model of Christian faith.
• Is able to build a team and to train, develop and encourage volunteer leaders who will serve in ministry to young people.
• Has an entrepreneurial spirit and creativity which can be effectively harnessed to create new ministry to teenagers.
• The successful candidate will be part of a growing staff team seeking to fulfil our vision of being “rooted in Christ, and growing in Faith, Hope, and Love.”
Applications can only be considered from those who are UK citizens or who otherwise have a right to work in the UK.
You will need to be able to declare wholehearted acceptance of the FIEC doctrinal basis and agreement with the FIEC ethos statements.
Get in touch about this job email@example.com
Jersey Baptist Church
We are an Evangelical Christian Fellowship affiliated with the FIEC. Based in the heart of St Helier, Jersey (Channel Islands) we are a multigenerational, multi-cultural congregation of 60 – 70 attendees (47 Members)
• Growth - winning and building lifelong followers of Christ
• Significant focus on building the Church of tomorrow by pursuing effective youth ministries
• Given the diversity of the population (100,000) and economic sectors which attracts people from far and wide; and less than 3% of the population committed followers of Christ – “the fields are white unto harvest” John 4:35
• In a sense we are a microcosm of the City of London whilst at another level there are 16000 people resident in the sqaure mile around JBC many in bed-sits and earning the minimum wage