City Evangelical Church is a group of believers who meet in south Leeds. We are committed to seeing Bible teaching changing the lives of those who hear it; growth in those who already believe and new life in those who respond to the gospel.
We meet both morning and evening on a Sunday. The usual morning congregation averages 110 with around 40 of these being children and young people. We are a diverse group with people from a range of ages and backgrounds including a significant proportion of African descent.
We are seeking a pastor to lead, teach and shepherd the church family as part of the leadership team. We are looking for someone who loves the Lord, his people and has a heart for those not yet trusting Christ.
Main duties of the role would include:
- Word-based ministry in a variety of contexts in the life of the church, including expository preaching as well as ministering to individuals and small groups
- Servant-leadership of the church, including providing vision and direction to the church
- Working with and developing other elder(s) and ministry teams to build up the body of believers, including identifying and supporting gifts in others
- Involvement in the pastoral care of God’s people at City
- Supporting, encouraging and developing evangelism by the whole church family
The role would also involve some organisational responsibilities such as overseeing other future paid pastoral staff and being a trustee.
- A demonstrable fit to the biblical requirements for an elder (1 Tim 3:1-7, Tit 1:6-9) as the role is an eldership position
- Experience of working with a church leadership team to develop and implement a vision or strategy
- An ability to identify gifting in others, and to support their development
- An ability in preaching to connect the meaning of a passage of God’s word to the needs of a congregation that is diverse in cultural and class background
- Experience of ministering God’s word in one-to-one or small group settings
- Experience of bringing God’s word to bear in complex and sensitive pastoral situations
- The humility to recognise a need for external help, and to seek it
- An ability to encourage others in seeking God in prayer
- Involvement in developing a church strategy for Gospel witness
- An ability to build rapport with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Be in full agreement with the FIEC Doctrinal Basis and Ethos Statements
- A willingness to move to Beeston or nearby
For full details of this opportunity please contact [email protected] for the full job description, church profile and details of how to apply.Contact us